- Soft connect shackle
- Braided sleeve for superior abrasion resistance
- Comprehensive testing in field – Winching, Snatch Blocks & Snatch Strap
- Tested in house & externally to ARB’s stringent requirements
The ARB Soft Connect Shackle is designed to act as a fuse in a recovery situation, breaking generally before any rated metal components it’s attached to should break at. This removes flying metal projectiles in recovery situations and provides a safer recovery for not only persons involved in the recovery, but also any bystanders. The shackle also provides flexibility for attaching your strap to a rated recovery point on your vehicle. As always, we recommend following correct recovery procedures and put safety first.
Protecting and storing your ARB Soft Connect Shackle when not in use is easy with the included drawstring carry bag. The bag incorporates a mesh and nylon case to allow for sufficient drying, as well as protecting and providing easy storage in your recovery kit. Retail packaging has been updated and consists of a new anti-tamper packaging that is sealed with a tear off top.
Manufactured using UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecule Weight Polyethylene) high tensile CE certified synthetic rope, is ARB’s updated Soft Connect Shackle. UHMWPE rope is used in many of the synthetic rope applications on winches and purpose-built tow straps. Rated at 14.5T (31,967lbs) breaking strength, the ARB Soft Connect Shackle is engineered to float in water, be resistant to short term UV radiation and provide superior strength.
Updating the protection to the rope, the UHMWPE synthetic rope is encased in a high tensile braided shield. The braided shield provides improved abrasion resistance when in use.
By passing the large ball end knot through the open loop, the loop tightens around the knot when used and pulls securely against the large formed knot during the recovery. The knot cannot let go and loop tightens securely around the knot forming the connection (Image 1). The ARB Soft Connect Shackle is suitable for vehicles up to 3.5T GVM (7,716lbs) and breaking strain of 14.5T (31,967lbs).
- 32000 Lbs. / 14.5 Ton breaking strength, suitable for vehicles up to 7700lbs, Safer than a steel shackle when used correctly. Updated slide-lock loop, no drawstring
- UV resistant properties, Water resistant & floats, Soft Shackle – 22.8in length & 0.4lbs
- Flexible – attaches to most rated recovery point, 12mm x 12 strand rope
- Manufactured from CE certified high tensile UHMWPE (ISO 2307), UHMWPE (ISO 2307) synthetic rope
- Updated – braided outside shield
- Updated – longer size to suit more conditions
- Updated – slide lock loop, no draw string
- Flexible – attaches to most rated recovery points
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Color: Factory
- Brand: ARB
- Load Capacity: 32000 pound
- Fastener Material: Stainless Steel
- Manufacturer: ARB USA
- Model: ARB2018
- Item Weight: 11.7 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 6 x 2.5 inches
- Height – 11.8 inches
- Length – 6 inches
- Width – 2.5 inches
Part No: ARB - ARB2018